Cast & Characters
- George Peppard as John 'Hannibal' Smith
- Dwight Schultz as 'Howling Mad' Murdock
- Mr. T as B.A. Baracus
- Dirk Benedict as Templeton 'Faceman' Peck
- John Ashley as Narrator (1983-1986)
- Melinda Culea as Amy Allen (1983)
- Lance LeGault as Colonel Roderick Decker (1983-1986)
- Carl Franklin as Captain Crane (1983-1985)
- Eddie Velez as Frankie Santana (1986-1987)
- Robert Vaughn as General Hunt Stockwell (1986-1987)
- Marla Heasley as Tawnia Baker (1983-1984)
- Jack Ging as General 'Bull' Fulbright (1983-1986)
Broadcast HistoryFirst Telecast: January 23, 1983
Last Telecast: June 14, 1987
Original Network: NBC
Number of Seasons: 5
Number of Episodes: 98
The A-Team Episode Guide
Original Primetime TV Schedule:
- January 1983, NBC, Sunday 10:00-11:00PM
- February 1983- August 1986, NBC, Tuesday 8:00-9:00PM
- August 1986- December 1986, NBC, Friday Tuesday 8:00-9:00PM
- December 1986, NBC, Tuesday 8:00-9:00PM
- May 1987- June 1987, NBC, Sunday 7:00-8:00PM
Theme Song Lyrics & Opening CreditsTheme composed by Mike Post and Pete Carpenter
(Ten years ago / In 1972), a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.
Listen to theme song:
Purchase theme song from Amazon.com:
Purchase theme on
The A-Team Soundtrack
The A-Team On DVD
|Season 1||Season 2||Season 3||Season 4||Season 5|
|Complete Series||Movie||View all A-Team DVDs, books, merchandise and collectibles from Amazon.com|
Purchase episodes on
The A-Team Image Gallery
A-Team TriviaGeorge Peppard probably felt fairly comfortable when cast in his role as the tough guy "Hannibal" as he had served in the Marine Corps. By the fifth season, however, George was obviously ready to ditch the role! When the A-Team was cancelled, George was visibly thrilled! He stated on several occasions that he was afraid that the show would remain so popular that it would never end!
The very first episode of the A-Team TV show aired immediately following the 1983 Super Bowl game.
Many of us may be much more familiar with Dwight Schultz in his role as "Reg Barclay" on "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and "Star Trek: Voyager".
On March 31, 1985, during the very first "WrestleMania", Mr. T and his tag team partner Hulk Hogan defeated Paul Orndorff and Roddy Piper.
During the opening credits of most episodes, you can see a "Cylon Warrior" pass by Dirk Benedict. Cylons were his enemies as "Starbuck" in the cast of the 1978-1979 series "Battlestar Galactica".
Robert Vaughn joined the series as General Hunt Stockwell in the 5th season. He kept promising that he would help the A-Team clear themselves with the law if they would just do a few more little jobs for the government. He never fullfilled his promise. Maybe you remember Robert Vaughn in his best-known role as Napoleon Solo in "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The "B.A." in B.A. Baracus (Mr. T's character) stood for "Bad Attitude" and it sure fit the role!