Jamie, however, would rather play with Reggie, his best friend and confidant than to have Harriet chase him everywhere. Jamie also tried to teach Vicki how to be a normal kid, but all she could do is mimic people and do things literally. Vicki also had an evil side to her named Vanessa, who was smart-mouthed, conniving and treacherous at times. But other than that, the Lawsons enjoyed four years of living with a robot and no one outside the family was ever the wiser, not even the ever-nosy Brindles.
Small Wonder ran in syndication from 1985 to 1989 and was a ratings hit. There were talks of doing a spin-off series dedicated to Vanessa named Too Good to Be True but it died in the planning stages.
Cast & Characters
- Dick Christie as Ted Lawson
- Marla Pennington as Joan Lawson
- Jerry Supiran as Jamie Lawson
- Tiffany Brissette as Vicki
- Paul C. Scott as Reggie Williams
- Emily Schulman as Harriet Brindle
- Edie McClurg as Bonnie Brindle (1985-1986)
- Daryl T. Bartley as Warren (1986-1987)
- Lihann Jones as Jessica (1986-1988)
- William Bogert as Brandon Brindle (1988-1989)
- Ada Mae Brindle as (1988-1988)
- Devon Odessa as Debbie Barnhill (1988-1989)
Broadcast HistoryFirst Telecast: September 7, 1985
Last Telecast: February 9, 1989
Number of Seasons: 4
Number of Episodes: 96
Original Network: Syndication
Theme Song Lyrics & Opening Credits
"She's a Small Wonder" by George Greeley and Ed Lojeskie
She's a small wonder, pretty and bright with soft curls.
She's a small wonder, a girl unlike unlike other girls.
She's a miracle, and I grant you
She'll enchant you at her sight.
She's a small wonder, and she'll make your heart take flight.
She's fantastic, made of plastic.
Microchips here and there.
She's a small wonder, brings love and laughter everywhere.
Listen to theme song:
Small Wonder on DVD