According to TV Guide, the fall series will air on KMYU, the Salt Lake City affiliate of MyNetworkTV. The new crime drama is set in the 1960s at a Playboy Club in Chicago.
"We respect the position of KSL and are pleased that KMYU can provide a home for 'The Playboy Club,'" Steve Carlston, vice president and general manager of KMYU, said. "This highly anticipated crime drama will now have the opportunity to be seen by the viewers throughout (the Salt Lake City market)."
NBC affiliate KSL refused to air 'The Playboy Club' over issues it has with the Playboy brand.
In other TV news ...
• 'True Blood' star Joe Manganiello will guest star on 'White Collar.'Manganiello will play an ex-con who moves in across the street from Peter. No word on whether Manganiello and Matt Bomer will appear shirtless together. [Entertainment Weekly]
• 'Pop Up Video' has a new logo! We like. It's very playful. [VH1]
• Valerie Harper will guest star on 'Drop Dead Diva.'The 'Rhoda' star will play a judge in the season finale set to air Sept. 11. [EW]
• Dev Patel has joined the cast of Aaron Sorkin's HBO drama. The 'Slumdog Millionaire' star will play a worker at the network where 'More As the Story Develops' takes place. Jeff Daniels, Olivia Munn and Emily Mortimer also star. [Variety]
• Comedy Central has ordered two new sketch comedy shows.Nick Kroll stars in 'The Nick Show Kroll,' and the other series features 'MADtv' veteran Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. [Comedy Central]
• 'House of Anubis' has been renewed for Season 2. The tween-skewing drama features teens at a boarding school who solve mysteries. [EW]
• Jack Bender has signed on to executive produce 'Alcatraz.' The 'Lost' producer will also direct episodes of the series. [Hollywood Reporter]