TOLN is currently set for launch in January 2012, which confirms soap fans will have to wait another couple of months for the return of 'All My Children.' When it debuts, 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' will be the tent-pole programs, with other first-run shows in the comedy, drama and scripted genres joining the two soaps.
"We are creating TOLN to conveniently deliver fans of quality television long form programming anytime and anywhere," Prospect Park founders Rich Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz said in a statement.
"With broadband availability in 70 percent of US households and the proliferation of internet enabled televisions, DVRs and wireless devices, ultimately we believe that online distribution provides the best platform to access 30 and 60 minute entertainment content," they said. "The viewer response to the shows we have licensed has been tremendous, and we have much more in development to appeal to a broad audience base."
'All My Children' left ABC with a bang on Sept. 23. Viewers will have to wait until early 2012 to find out who was shot. So far Cameron Mathison and Lindsay Hartley have signed on to appear when 'AMC' debuts. Still no official word from Susan Lucci.
Erika Slezak, Michael Easton, Ted King and Kassie DePaiva have signed to stay with 'One Life to Live' when the soap moves online. Additionally, 'One Life to Live' executive producer Frank Valentini will move online with the series.