According to TV Guide Magazine, Hagman has been diagnosed with a highly treatable form of cancer. However, Hagman, who just turned 80, will report to work on the TNT 'Dallas' reboot on Oct. 17.
Hagman is still expected to participate in the series, it's unclear how, if it all, treatment will sideline him. So far he's currently scheduled for four episodes, but could appear in more.
This isn't the first health scare for the 'I Dream of Jeannie' star. In 1995 he had a very public liver transplant after developing cirrhosis of the liver.
"As J.R. I could get away with anything -- bribery, blackmail and adultery," Hagman said in a statement. "But I got caught by cancer. I do want everyone to know that it is a very common and treatable form of cancer. I will be receiving treatment while working on the new 'Dallas' series. I could not think of a better place to be than working on a show I love, with people I love. Besides, as we all know, you can't keep J.R. down!"
- Margot Robbie, <a href="http://www.aoltv.com/show/pan-am/8678838">'Pan Am'</a>
- Steve Jones, <a href="http://www.aoltv.com/show/the-x-factor/8757019">'The X Factor'</a>
- Shelley Conn, <a href="http://www.aoltv.com/show/terra-nova/8127826">'Terra Nova'</a>
- Beth Behrs, <a href="http://www.aoltv.com/show/2-broke-girls/8680648">'2 Broke Girls'</a>
- David Giuntoli, <a href="http://www.aoltv.com/show/grimm/8677098">'Grimm'</a>
- Annie Ilonzeh, <a href="http://www.aoltv.com/show/charlies-angels/8678467">'Charlie's Angels'</a>
- Taissa Farmiga, <a href="http://www.aoltv.com/tag/american%20horror%20story/">'American Horror Story'</a>
- Max Greenfield, <a href="http://www.aoltv.com/show/new-girl/8677772">'New Girl'</a>
- Laura Benanti, <a href="http://www.aoltv.com/show/the-playboy-club/8676991">'The Playboy Club'</a>
- Phoebe Tonkin, <a href="http://www.aoltv.com/show/the-secret-circle/8682507">'The Secret Circle'</a>
- Jane Levy, <a href="http://www.aoltv.com/show/suburgatory/8679229">'Suburgatory'</a>
- LaMarcus Tinker, <a href="http://www.aoltv.com/show/glee/3496658">'Glee'</a>
- Odette Annable, <a href="http://www.aoltv.com/show/house/185044">'House'</a>