According to Vulture, 'Gregory' received an order for six new scripts and 'Dynamite' got seven.
More script orders could happen this fall if Fox continues to like what it sees.
Look for 'Gregory' to premiere Oct. 30 after 'The Simpsons' traditional 'Treehouse of Horror' special. 'Dynamite' is set for mid-season.
In other TV news ...
• Harry Smith has officially joined NBC News.As we previously reported, the former CBS News anchor will join Brian Williams' new primetime newsmagazine. "A veteran in the industry and highly regarded journalist, we're honored to have Harry on board as one of the correspondents of the new primetime newsmagazine show," Steve Capus, president of NBC News, said in a statement. "His vast experience, covering everything from interviews with world leaders to wars and natural disasters, makes him a perfect fit for this new broadcast. Plus, Harry also brings a well earned reputation for being a great colleague and co-worker -- something we truly value at NBC News." [NBC]
• 'That Girl' co-creator Sam Denoff has died. The Emmy-winning 'Dick Van Dyke Show' scribe was 83. [Washington Post]
• 'Torchwood: Miracle Day' is off to a good start on Starz. The 10PM telecast was watched by 819K viewers. With the 11PM replay counted a total 1.51 million viewers tuned in. The numbers are better than 'Party Down,' on par with 'Camelot' and lower than 'Spartacus.' [TVLine]
• 'Friday Night Lights' has found a new home: ESPN Classic.The NBC/DirecTV drama will live on in syndication starting with two episodes on ESPN on July 12, then a marathon on ESPN Classic July 14 and 15 before resuming regular airings (with the first episode) July 21 at 9PM. [ESPN]
• 'Cops' becoming a cartoon?Maybe. Described as 'Cops' meets 'Family Guy,' 'Cops Uncuffed!' will feature animated cops taking down perps based on real-life lawbreakers. [TV Guide]
• TLC and OWN will air reruns of 'Undercover Boss.'The off-network airings will begin in 2012. [Deadline]
• 'Better With You' veteran Jennifer Finnigan will guest star on 'Psych.'She'll play accomplice to Jason Priestley in an upcoming episode. [TVLine]
• Diane Sawyer's Jaycee Dugard interview was seen by 14.8 million viewers. The 'Primetime' special has become the most-watched summer newsmagazine broadcast in seven years. [Hollywood Reporter]