"I'm very pleased and honored by this announcement," Corddry said in a statement. "I'm also very surprised, given that I write this show when I'm very, very drunk. Season four promises to be a cry for help."
'Children's Hospital' debuted as a Web series in 2008, and unlike other online-to-network jumps, has proven extremely successful. It has been the No. 1 show in its time period among adults 18-34, 18-49 and 18-24 for the past 10 weeks.
In other TV news ...
* 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' alums Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters will reunite on an episode of 'Supernatural' this fall.The actors formerly known as Cordelia and Spike will play a married couple who begin to fight when Marsters' character decides he doesn't like that his wife's a witch. [TVLine]
* 'Gossip Girl''s favorite troublemaker (and Tim Gunn enemy) Taylor Momsen announced that she's quitting acting."I quit acting, actually," she said in a recent interview. "I quit 'Gossip Girl' and now tour and am in a band and that's pretty much all I want to do. Hopefully I'll be able to only do that for the rest of my life." [Elle]
* 'The Mentalist' supporting cast have all gotten well-deserved raises. Star Simon Baker saw a sizeable salary increase last year, and now Robin Tunney, Amanda Righetti, Tim Kang and Owain Yeoman will see larger paychecks. They've also all signed on for another year of the top-rated series. [Deadline]
* Guy Fieri is in some legal hot water surrounding his Food Network hit 'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.'The show's former producer David Page sued the channel earlier this year for refusing to let Fieri film more episodes after contract disputes, and now Food Network is counter-suing the ex-employee. [Gothamist]
* Casting in brief: Kelli Williams will guest star on 'The Mentalist,' 'The Game' star Pooch Hall will head to the courtroom for a spot on 'Suits,' William Atherton will brush up on his cryogenic freezing knowledge on 'Castle.' [TV Guide, TVLine, TV Guide]